Friday, December 10, 2010

Runners take your mark!

Looks like Penelope could arrive any day now. Doc said my cervix is paper thin, and kiddo's head couldn't get any lower. In fact, her head had to be navigated around to check my dilation status, which is none right now. Whew! Funny note- as soon as the Doc began her exam, she started hollering, "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Not what you want to hear when you've got a billion things left to do. I knew at that point my body had had a productive day.

Needless to say, this news inspired the biggest cleaning frenzy of my life. Once again, we are behind the ball 8 in terms of nursery completion- so I converted our room into one. (Again.) Jesse was a huge help with box boxes and keeping me from getting too worked up.

Yesterday was the marathon session of contractions. I would go for 30 minute blocks with them 2 to 3 minutes apart, and then the whole show would stop for an hour or so. But dang it- I had to breathe through some of those suckers. Like, choo-choo breathe.

Prediction time: I am calling Dec. 23 at 6:30 pm- only because that will ensure I get maximum use of my FMLA leave. Come on, Poppy- let's be a team player! : )

2 comments:

Courntey Goldman said...

I wish I could be there to meet and greet her!!

Paula E said...

Hi Anna - It's Paula :) Just checking on you! Hope you are doing well and that sweet Penelope makes her entrance when she is supposed to! Take care - Paula