Thursday, December 9, 2010

23 Days!

A quick update as I procrastinate getting ready for work:

Preparations are picking up speed. IKEA trip was a huge success- why doesn't everyone get baby furniture there??? Seriously, the cost of Penelope's entire room is still way under the total cost of one (just one) of those swanky rocking chairs from Babies 'r' Us. Additionally, the pieces are quite modern and cool. And babies love being modern and cool. : )

My energy levels are highly unpredictable. Yesterday, in a twenty minute span, I went from "nearly nodding off at the wheel" to "wow, you are hyper" during a meeting with a college rep. I assured her I would be crash very soon- there's something about higher education that gets me bubbly. Yes, I am a nerd through and through.

If I am not preoccupied, I am spending my free time fondly remembering how painful labor can be. Why, of why, did I not think of this during the height of my baby fever*? Given all of my back woes, I may not be able to handle the natural route this time. I hate to psych myself out this early in the game, but I needed an epidural by 3rd period yesterday- just to handle the pain of walking to the library.

Weekly OB appointments start today. I am glad because my imagination is running wild- I want to make sure everything is okay, all of the time, and waiting two weeks isn't going to cut it. If I could move one of the docs into our house, just until popping time, that would be swell. Wonder what the co-pay options are for having your doctor bunked with you are?

In Miles news: He can now sign "Santa." Game on! Guess who will be watching when he decides to chuck another block at my head? "Santa!" Next year might be a good time to introduce an Elf on the Shelf. In other news, apparently we know both have babies in our bellies. He'll first point to his baby and then come and pat Penelope. I bet, if he were to sit on Santa's lap, he'd call the Jolly One preggo, too!

*A period during which all things tiny instantly become cuter and when your toddler looks more like a teenager than a wee one

No comments: