Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The 8 week mark

On my way out of the doctor's office today, I checked to our due date. I know that the infant Miles is forecasted to appear around March 28th, but I am never sure how many weeks along I am. Silly Anna, you may say, just count backwards. Dearest nay-sayer, I might say, Dr. Keller keeps all on computer. So- as of tomorrow, we are 32 weeks down. That leaves a meager 8 weeks to go. I almost cried, which takes nothing at all, at the thought that in less than a school marking period, we will be with child. WOW! 8 weeks! To quote the ever-loving Shaggy from TV's Scooby Doo, "Zoinks!" 8 weeks is a blink of an eye- a very large, slow-moving eye, but it's still an eye. 8 weeks- I read books that take longer than 8 weeks to read. When I phoned and told Jesse Miles' new ETA, he response was, "Man, I've got a lot of work to do." Then he beamed. He is already one proud papa. His excitement melts my heart. In fact, when I got home from the doctor's office, Jesse greeted the belly before he greeted me. And I was even carrying a pizza- that's real love. As I sign off tonight, I am feeling more thankful than I ever have before. (However, I am sure that I'll have a mood swing in three minutes and throw a vase across the room.) But for now, let's savor this delicious moment! Our house is wearing a big grin, and baby fever is hitting high gear.

No comments: