Saturday, August 4, 2007

R&R Weekend Fun

My brother Clark has been visiting for the past three days, and I am exhausted. I am having a blast because I now have a playmate during the day. I did not teach summer school this year, thought a little R&R was in order. I am glad that I took the time off especially, since we have more time to hangout. Yesterday, we went to the Newport News Disc Golf Course, and I played my best game ever. I shot one under par on the back nine. There must be some serious baby mojo at work. I am not a bad disc golfer, but I am never that good. I feel like Buddha with a good luck belly!
Jesse went tuna fishing today in the Nags Head area. He caught a 52 lb tuna fish! That is a ton of fish. Sadly, every book I've read regarding prenatal diets dissuades against eating tuna. The only fish I like is super fresh grilled tuna. It doesn't get any fresher than this, and I have to pass on it. I am totally bummed out. Once it's frozen, it just doesn't taste the same. Fresh tuna, with it's ruby red goodness, could almost count as a dessert item. The new Thomas owes me a Seafood Dinner in 18 years!

No comments: