Friday, August 10, 2007

A Deeper Connection

I went to an energy healer today. I can't go into much detail of my session; it's a very personal experience. However, I want to share with you the wonderful conversation I had with the healer regarding the new Thomas. She said several amazing things. First, her school of healing teaches that babies choose their parents; that we are selected vessel in essence. I feel honored to have been chosen. Secondly, she said even prior to the conception, I began to make an energy space for our baby in my body. I was definitely emotionally prepping myself for the role of motherhood. I guess subconsciously I was trying to make my energy feel hospitable to a potential new comer, like putting out a brand new welcome mat that isn't caked in dirt and dog hair. I felt like being excited about having a baby would help us conceive, as does staying awake past 9 o'clock. That also made a big difference; it can be hard competing against Law & Order! Finally, and I find most exciting, is that the healer said the baby has already aligned itself to my energy field. Our chakras have already connected. She said the baby will connect with Jesse's energy following the birth. Upon hearing this, I realized that my mental well-being is equally as important as my physical well-being during this pregnancy. Now, I already knew that stress can have a negative impact on a fetus. However, I didn't realize that my total energy field, all chakras included, had such an impact. I have resolved to really take care of my soul during this journey. I want our baby to meet us knowing how much love we already have for him/ her.

No comments: