Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Williamsburg is on fire!!

Now that I operate on the same energy level as a slug, I can no longer tolerate this heat! I doubt any living creature can; our heat index has been around 105 degrees Fahrenheit. It's not that I have any difficulty moving around or that I've gained a ton a weight (it's still too early), but I am too tired to make myself more comfortable. I think when my brother leaves I will modify my wardrobe to include undies and t-shirts, and that's it! Frankly, I have been too hot to take a decent nap. Last night, we ate directly in front of the window ac unit, not two feet away, huddled around the source of cold like campers who seek out campfires in the late fall. I may even revert back to an old college trick my roommate Jessica and I would do on really hot days. We would freeze our bed sheets in the morning and pull them out right at bedtime. As long as you fell asleep before the sheets completely thawed and got wet, you could actually be comfortable. Unbearable heat is the mother of necessity and heat rashes.

No comments: