Monday, July 30, 2007

Putting the zen in frozen fruit

Nothing soothes this weary soul like a big cup of frozen strawberries and blackberries. I am trying to really cut back on my sugar intake, and this icy snack helps. Although, when I hide spoonfuls of raspberry sorbet underneath the fruit, I fear that I loose some of the nutritional goodness I had gained. This reminds of when I was much younger and would put a few cookies underneath my morning cereal. I used to feel so sneaky, like I was stickin' it to the man. Sadly, it just stuck it to my butt. It interesting how this frozen fruit caper has caused some old feelings of guilt to resurface. But alas, I won't dwell over spilt milk because the sorbet in question is fat free. And honestly, the frozen fruit can really stand on its own.
On a completely different note, my OB-GYN's office called today. All my preliminary blood work and screenings came back, and everything looks great. I've been waiting for this phone call, a bit nervously too. Especially, for the CF screening. It never crossed our minds to see if anyone in our respective families has tested positive for the gene. It scary how we can take so much for granted. With this latest good news report, we are feeling very blessed.

No comments: