Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Pregnancy Perks #1

Last night Jesse and I went to dinner with all of our parents. I was a celebration dinner in honor of our first visit to the OB-GYN. It was such a nice treat to see my parents and Jesse's parents. We really lucked out because our parents get along so well. Well, the six of us met at Schakelford's in Williamsburg. I have a feeling that Tuesday nights there might become a tradition. The first major perk of pregnancy appeared once our meals arrived. Almost everyone at the table offered me their pickle! Let me explain how much I love cookies in an analogy:

cookies: Cookie Monster :: pickles : Anna

or

volleyball : Jesse :: pickles : Anna

or

air : living creatures :: pickles : Anna

or even

gravitational force : successful planetary orbits :: pickles : Anna

I've had this pickle afflict since infancy. I'm sure with little to no coaxing my mother would gladly share the uber embarrassing sure of me exsanguinating (sucking flat) pickles before I could talk. Apparently, I am a natural born pickle vampire. Hey, that's cool.
If any of you are wondering what would make the perfect baby gift, I've gone and registered for this 120 lb pickle at the Kentucky State Fair.

2 comments:

I'm Jennifer said...

Remember your car in high school, "the pickle"? wow, i'm so glad I'm not in high school anymore.

Anna said...

"The Pickle"- how could I forget! We had a lot of fun with that car. And how can you miss high school, with me surprised to see you in Chemistry every damn day.