Monday, May 16, 2011

Why

Why do little ones fight going to sleep? Tooth and nail on this house. Why, I'd fight for the right to just take a tiny nap for myself at this point. Penelope is trying to go 10 rounds with me, her snuggle bunny soothing swing, her beloved ladybug blankie, and an array of tasty and calming binkies. What she doesn't know is that I will ultimately win. (Duh, moms are winners!) I hold the power of the nap drive. We are only a key ring away to silence; well, given current gas prices, 30 minutes of silence. Subaru trumps baby grumpies, or at least it will if she doesn't cool her tiny jets within the next 15 minutes.

Miles should crash on his own tonight. He finally went back to school today; the bronchitis is on the retreat, I pray. He played his little buns off earlier though he's still not at 100%- so I'm hoping that translates into an easy, early night. However, knowing how spirited my children prefer to be, he's probably gearing up to streak the house and whiz on a house plant for fun.

No comments: