Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Technically...

... technically I am doing school work, so this post doesn't actually exist. Just wanted to share that Miles has successfully started school. His been a bit teary, missing his wing man (Daddy) and his nap time (there's no napping on the pre-K level), but he's loving the bus and the extended opportunities to play and wave to people.

I, too, have resumed my schooling- this time as a teacher. This is year 5, believe it or not! Frankly, five years blows my mind. Aren't I due for a door prize at this point? Every five years earn a new Subaru- wasn't that in the fine print? : ) But seriously, I am loving my job. Loving it.

Penelope now has a pending name. We just need to get the a-okay from the namesake. This will take some planning on our part- but that's all on this topic for now. Pregnancy in general is kicking my butt. PT was a veritable bust- expensive and chock full of stretches I am doing on my own. Luckily, I have reached a maintenance level- the back still aches, but the "et tu, Brutus?" stabbing pain has subsided a bit. Chocolate and frozen raspberries have been easing my discomfort. My belly's quite ball-eqsue now. A stranger last night asked when I was due (always a risky question)- and she was shocked that I wasn't minutes away from entering labor. Thanks, I think. This baby ball is much higher and sticks out much farther than the Miles bump did. Perhaps Penelope is stowing a lovely set of matching luggage because I look like I ate a duffel bag.

Back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your family's new addition to come! I am expecting a little girl as well on November 2nd,or somewhere around there. I've already had two people ask me if I'm having twins...and another stated earlier on in my pregnancy that it looked like a "put a few pounds on." He then apologized over and over after I told him I was pregnant. It was like, "Oh, gosh! I'm sorry, I thought you were just fat!" Some people...geez. I'm so happy everything's going well for you and your family. Congrats again!

Miranda

Courtney Goldman said...

So I should be expecting a call from you so I can give you permission to call the little one Courtney? Squirt is such a good nickname!!