Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm going on a Strep Strike!

1. Miles has strep throat. Again.

2. Miles also has scarlet fever. Funny, when I went to look it up, Scarlet Johansen was my first finding. Though not as serious as in years past, scarlet fever still makes me nervous. Makes me think of Oregon Trail, where little Timmy dies of typhoid and/or scarlet fever only after I replace the axle and sell an oxen.

3. We took a different course of action this time. I suspect this is the same strep from 4 weeks ago, and the strep was killed at the time. Sooo, instead of signing up for another 10 day round of oral antibiotics, we opted for the penicillin shot. Big needle, fast recovery time. I want to be sure that the strep is stopped. Now.

4. I am so over strep. It has been hanging around my son for months, maybe over a year. He's still into mouthing everything. Even tried to lick a dude's toe in the Dr's waiting room today- so clearly, he's a candidate for strep. Hopefully, strep isn't carried on toes. Perhaps that demon of shot today will help curb his compulsion to taste everything that's not food.

5. Supplies are running low. The oxen are hot and hungry, and we've got two more days before reaching the outpost. Little Sarah Ann needs new clothes... opps, I slipped back into Oregon Trail there for a second. Good night all!

1 comment:

Mk's Mom said...

What a delight to have you posting again...you make my day! Good idea to get the shot. When I was little that's all we ever got when we were sick and it went away much quicker. I hope Miles is feeling better...you wouldn't want him to miss any opportunities to taste some toe jam.