Sunday, February 28, 2010

How I Spent My Saturday...

. . .fighting for my job. Mostly behind the camera, where I am increasingly more comfortable. My mom, my picketing partner in crime, did snap one pic of me. It's included on the bottom to prove that I was there.

As for the rally itself, this was a gathering orchestrated by the VEA, the Orange County chapter I believe. The Commonwealth is looking to make some significant cuts in education- to the tune of 1 in 6 teachers being laid off.

Hard to swallow. Hope we were able to make a difference. We're not going to take it anymore! Forget the whales, Save the Teachers!*














(Above: one of the many reasons I love my mother.)




*Please keep saving the whales; I was just trying to make a point.

2 comments:

Kit said...

Yea, teachers! Yea, Anna!

Anonymous said...

Love the empty frame picture and the nametag poster!!! What a message!