Monday, February 1, 2010

Doggy time, mommy time, wasting time

So, I am supposed to be finishing up my lesson plans right now. However, I am so distracting by wanting to know if tomorrow is another free day from school. Yes, I know that the Great Cosmic Magnet will only swing my way if I am over-prepared and get my lessons done before lunch, before the phone tree sets into motion. But dang it, the kids are all playing outside; the sounds of their racing sleds make putting together my plans near impossible. This is a classic case of the tortoise and the hare, in that the tortoise is moving as such a slow pace he's now frozen to the road, and the hare has just raced past all the kids outside, knocked them down, hi-jacked their sled and is having a blast on the massive hill, which is also called my street! Ugh...

Anyways, some final goodies from Winter White Stuff Blast-Out 2010. Bet I could score a job at the Weather Channel with such talent for naming "storms." Enjoy.


Rajah employs a sneak attack when Liloo is otherwise occupied. Cheap shot, Raj.


Rajah, asking nicely to come inside.


King of our Backyard Winter Wonderland.


Woo-hoo, let's hear it for snow days!


He's as squeeze-able as he looks. No false advertising here!

3 comments:

MK's Mom said...

Enjoy the snow day because when you make it up it will be torture...especially if it is on a holiday or the middle of June...oh well, we used to make them up on Saturdays!

Love the pictures and the comments. You should share some with the local stations. Yours would win a prize...especially next to the cooler on someone's deck with 8 inches of snow on top!

ab said...

I just knew you would have more pictures posted today! Good for you.
Old habits die hard...I have to admit, I had to watch the TV today to see if there was school. Yippee yea! There wasn't!

Anna said...

With all of this time off, I am scared what will happen to our Spring Break. Better book a cruise trip so I'll have to take the time off!