Thursday, January 14, 2010

On the mend; on the go

Thanks to modern medicine, the sweet side of Miles is rapidly returning. He must have been in some serious pain because I came home to a different child this evening.

Some exciting events are on the horizon. Miles starts his first KinderMusic class today. The program is entitled Musicgarten and is quite popular in our community. In fact, I already know one of the former local board of directors, but I didn't know she had done that until I mentioned Miles' enrollment yesterday.

I've got a 3 day weekend coming up. Woo-hoo! And not just any random 3 day weekend, it one of my favorite holidays: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! When I was little, and I am sure my mother will attest to this, I baked him a cake to mark the occasion. Not sure where I got the idea, but I had learned about him in school and felt compelled to celebrate his birthday. To this day, I believe that Dr. King was a true visionary, a bright spark to our nation, and a I also feel that the time has come to bring Miles into the tradition. Perhaps kiddo and I will spend Monday working on a strawberry cake in honor of Dr. King's birthday.

1 comment:

MK's said...

So glad Miles is feeling better...he needs to be in tiptop shape to show his stuff at KinderMusic. I'm sure he will be a star!