Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nap drive and nature time

We wanted to go see the College's production of "Little Shop of Horrors" this afternoon, but given the intense teething that little man is undergoing, we opted for a scenic nap drive.
The drive ended at the Virginia Living Museum, in Newport News. I've written other posts about this place; we love it. They only take in injured animals, and the habitats are constructed to be as realistic as possible. Like I said, we love it.
Mr. Fox is on the prowl. Miles tried to throw his shoe at him. Jesse retorted by telling Miles that foxes don't eat shoes, they eat little children. My laughter did not break the fox's concentration.
Out on the observation trail, Dada and Miles scope out a grey wolf.
The Living Museum's new exhibit is about Megalodon shark. This picture is now my new visual anthem for a teething plight. Really, this pic says it all.

(If I had known that the nap drive would turn into a cool adventure, I would have brought my camera. However, the little CrackBerry did a decent job.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crazy, we were there yesterday, too! I saw Karen (Theron's mom) in the parking lot and she said you guys were there. We looked for you...

How does Miles like the otters? Mason thought they were the funniest things ever!

Anna said...

It's a small world, after all! Too funny... the weather was perfect for walking the nature trail. Great minds think alike! : )