Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Houston, we have ear tubes and surprising allergy test result.

Some pre-op cuteness...
Miles has ear tubes and an allergy to soy. Soy!!! The one diet option we thought was a safe bet. Even more unexpected, milk is not an allergen. Didn't see that coming, at all, and I shared my disbelief with all the staff in ear shot. At first my reaction was frustration- and why not- because soy is all the boy ingests. Another surprise- wheat is not an allergen, either. Note- this does not rule out Celiac Disease. We'll tackle that issue at his 2 year check-up. The only other substance that created a reaction was mold. Go figure, he is my child, after all.

As for recovery, the mid-morning was a little rocky. He'd been given some "chill-out" juice to calm him down pre-op, and only gas during the procedure. Miles was foggy for awhile, but a four hour power nap seemed to wipe the slate clean. He's now back to his loud and perky self.

3 comments:

MK's mom said...

Wow! Good news....take the boy off soy!...no yucky tofurkey for him!
I'm so glad everything went well.....I hope Miles will enjoy lots of yummy new things for Thanksgiving!

Anna said...

Me, too- I can't wait to give him real mashed potatoes and whipped cream, though just a teensy weensy dollop.

Kit said...

Pass the mashed potatoes, stuffing and pie. Little man's going to have a Henry turkey day!