Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update on the update

It's almost 10 pm; little man Miles is asleep, though not in his own bed.  If he continues at his current rate of recovery, we will surely be home tomorrow.  The evening had its ups and downs, but mostly ups.  On the huge plus side, he has been taken off IV fluids again.  Downside, he's off because no other vein could be found.  I am wishing on every star in our cloudy and cold sky that Miles will start drinking more.  I was able to get two ounces of a Pedialite 'n' pear juice cocktail in him earlier.  And moments before passing out, he slurped two ounces of his yummy soy formula.  I doubt that this is enough liquids to count as healthy, but at least he is headed in the right direction.  More in the morning. 

1 comment:

I'm Jennifer said...

I'm so glad he's slowly but surely getting better! hope you will all be back at home very soon!