Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fat Tuesday is now Fat Friday, aka, Halloween

 Kids like choices, right?  This year, thanks to my father-in-law (now Grandpa G), I was able to offer our trick-or-treaters a choice between candy or authentic Mardi Gras beads.  On  one hand, I balanced a heaping bowl of gummy Crabby Patties and Sour Worms.  In the other hand, a teetering bowl of brilliant plastic baubles, a prize for any barracuda worth his weight in scales.  What did the children, all decked out as pirates, cheerleaders, witches, and robbers, choose?  Both, of course!  I decided to let Miles test drive one of the options.  Seeing that he still has no teeth and has yet to taste the sweet glory of candy, he got to swing and smack the beads under close parental and camera supervision.  I'm surprised he didn't lift up his onesie for more beads- just kidding!

1 comment:

Kit said...

Love it! Love him!