Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This might be official!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supremely hot off the presses- not ten minutes ago, I might have captured Miles' first ever "dada."  We've had many false alarms in recent days- oodles of ah-ah's, but nothing concrete, nothing like a real word.  Amazingly, my mothering sixth sense kicked in, and I started taking some clips of Miles fighting off his late afternoon nap, which he is still doing with a vengeance.  I knew some gems would be unearthed, though nothing this golden seemed possible.  Sadly, the real Dada has just run out to get a hair cut.  Miracle of all digital miracles, this might be it.  I want some feedback as to whether or not anyone hears Miles say it- about 15 to 20 seconds into the clip, I do.  Honestly, I hear a string of dada's.  However, if this is just the proverbial groundhog, let me know if he sees his shadow.  I'll gladly put my coat on for another six weeks or however long it takes 'til I get a real baby-word out of his slobbery kisser.  

One quick side note: Miles is drooling so much these days.  In fact, his chin is typically glossier than an oil spill.  Please tell me this is teething related, not a life style choice!  His billion daily raspberries (the "phhhhht" sounds that mingle around the alleged dada's) only add to the slickness.  If I am wearing my glasses, I seeing baby spit spray marks by the end of the night, thickly caking each lens.  Who switched my child with an errant lawn sprinkler???  I want names! 

Anyways, if I really have captured the moment, does Jesse owe me a prize?  Like a full-ride scholarship to film school.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I did hear it!! It definetly sounds like Miles is perfecting his language developement.

In Mason's babble time he does Dadada, mamama, bababa. Even though I would love to think that he is calling for us, saying bye, or asking for his bottle-I think it is just baby babble. I'm beginning to wonder if that is how the origins of the words Mom and Dad came to be. I mean how does one get "dad" from "father"?

Anonymous said...

A definite Da-Dah! I am also very impressed with the foot clapping! Loved the clip!

Amber Turner said...

Could not help but laugh out loud! Holy crap, that was cute! And yes, I did hear a Da-da!! Go Miles!

Anonymous said...

Sounded like a perfectly enunciated DaDa to me! Next thing you know he'll be giving a political speech for the candidate of his choice (oh no...let's hope not, I'm very tired of those). DaDa beats politics any day!

The surprise in your voice was, well, surprising! I could almost see the look on your face of joy and amazement. What will he say next? Stay tuned for more "Moments with Miles!"