Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School Daze are Here Again!

Why the recent lack of words? Well, I just haven't felt like writing. Typing takes too much time, and time is a non-renewable resource in these here parts. This is the final week of my maternity leave. Friday is an optional work day; think I might have to opt out and spend it with Miles. Luckily, I have an entire week of "teacher workdays" before school actually starts. This will give me time to transition from home to work. What's got me more stressed out? Not getting to spend my entire day with Miles, or the thought of having to style my hair on a daily basis. . . votes are still out.

Obviously, I am not leaving Miles at home with only the dogs, though our pups would love the chance to score some of Miles' plush squeaky toys. Nope- we are entering the phase of unadulterated male bonding. Daddy is staying home! Mr. Mom, Daddy Daycare, Mr. Belvedere- all nicknames I am storing for Jesse. As I type this entry, my guys are sitting next to me on the sofa and doing their best to distract me. Instead of watching Yo Gabba Gabba with me, Miles will being viewing Star Wars 1 through 6 with Daddy while I have chalk dust induced allergy attacks. Sound jealous do I? You bet your Yoda I am!

If I have to share Miles with anyone, Jesse is the clear front-runner. Secondly only to a clone of myself. Maybe third to the option of smuggling Miles in a Baby Bjorn under my shirt. Just picture trying to pass of a wiggling and cooing sweater as perfectly normal to a class of eighth graders; that's not gonna happen. Jesse will be fantastic, and I will cope. It's time for me to put my big girl britches on and go back to work.

No comments: