Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dust, Dust, and More Dust: Day 2

Day Two: Not so bad. I spent 4 hours sorting through old papers and files. My office (actually a little tiny conference room) collected so much dust during my maternity leave. I know folks used the space while I was out, but no one showed my affinity for cleaning. A clean and organized room is a happy room. I've been accused of trying to eradicate particles from my desk. Using bleach wipes every 5 minutes is perfectly normal...right? And who wants particles on their paperwork??? Anyways, my room was gross, and I was under-equipped with cleaning supplies. Tomorrow I am coming armed with a variety of sponges, towels, sprays, and spritzers. And an air freshener- the a/c is smelling a bit funky.

Best part of the day: Jesse and Miles made a surprise visit to the school. Miles met my friends, and he flashed his winning smile to all. Though sleepy, he was on his best behavior. I changed his diaper on my bookshelf! That's got to be a first for my room. Needless to stay, the rest of my day was spent piddling around with Miles in my arms. After dad and son left, I was useless as sand in a sandwich. I did get a fair amount of work done today, and it felt really good. In spite of my separation anxiety, I am happy to be back at school (and playing with office supplies- the true reason I teach- post-it notes and sticky tabs).

No comments: