Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Real Guitar Hero in the Family



My family tree can now add a folk star to the branches. Joe Crookston, who is married to my awesome cousin Kathryn, played at the Kennedy Center this past weekend. I just had to share this news. Three weeks ago I heard one of his songs on "The Folk Sampler" with Mike Flynn. I started screaming- Jesse thought I was had injured myself due to my frantic tone. However, I was yelling, "It's Joe!" Joe is a soulful writer and performer. His songs tell stories that need to be heard. So- go hear them. I am putting several links about Joe on this posting. You can watch his performance at the Kennedy Center if you have RealPlayer. His MySpace page also plays songs. (I wonder if knowing Joe puts me any closer to Kevin Bacon.) Joe also does an excellent cover of Supertramp's "The Logical Song" on his newest CD. Miles and I sing along to it.
*play the show from 5/25/08 or search for Joe Crookston on the page
*Joe rockin' out some Supertramp on YouTube

No comments: