Sunday, January 20, 2008

Belly's first snow!

So, the Arctic Blast of '08, my belly got its first glimpse of real snow- about two inches in some parts. I definitely could have used a few more hours of flakes, but mother nature had other plans in store. It was a true treat to wake-up to a quasi-winter wonderland. Most of the yard was covered. Branches were icy and powdery white. The sky was a brilliant blue, with no hint of future precipitation to come. Jesse and I both are craving colder weather. He wants a chance to use his cool winter gear. I need a place to escape from my hot flashes. Yesterday, I spent several minutes on my porch- sleeves pushed up, face brilliant red, and nary a shiver on my simmering skin. I thankful that my incubation status has been called to duty during the winter months. I know I would burst into flames if the little man were due in the summer.

No comments: