Tuesday, November 20, 2007

How I spent my Sunday






I spent my Sunday with my camera- and Rajah in tow. Together we covered the changing foliage in New Quarter Park and by Lake Matoaka. My final count of pictures was around 120; all of which I am having developed and mailed to me. The new Thomas has given me, forced me, to slow down. And in slowing down, I see more than I ever did before. With every tree that I studied, I dreamt that I was explaining to Miles why we find changing leaves so beautiful and how bold and power nature can be in her true form. My mind raced with future conversations about art, photography, composition, and lighting. I can wait to pass on my love of the fine arts to my child- as my parents did to me. His presence on my walk was overwhelming. At the particularly beautiful sights, I would quietly and knowingly rub my belly, as if I already knew he would find the same view breath-taking. These are a few more pictures from that afternoon. I am planning on putting the entire collection into a book to share with Miles. I might call it _Our First Autumn Walk_.

No comments: