Saturday, September 29, 2007

Steppin' Out With My Baby!


The above picture I have added as an illustration of the difficulty I have had finding a formal dress for next weekend. We are going to a black-tie party, and finding the black tie was the easy part. Jesse quickly snagged a handsome tuxedo. I, however, in a quest for rapid westward expansion, spill out of all my formal dresses. I already have a closet full of evening dresses- thanks Chi Omega! And most of these dresses a tiny, black, and inappropriate for a pregnant lady to wear. I thought the Internet would be my best option. Sadly, ever thing either cost an arm and a uterus, or the dresses where as whack as the above sample.
I felt like Casey, ready to strike out, ready to pack my sweat suit and flip flops for the big party. I felt this way until I went shopping with my good luck charm and best friend, MK. We found an amazing black dress for $25. Thank goodness my feet aren't knocked up, too, because I still have 100 pairs of snazzy heels. Mystery solved. Case closed. I will post pictures from our trip when we return. Jesse and I clean up pretty well. I am excited to show my black-tie baby bump!

No comments: