Thursday, September 20, 2007

Babies for only $25! Going fast!

By this I mean, that thanks to my amazing state health care coverage, all we is $25.00! One regular co-pay! I know the expensive part comes after birth- like college, speeding tickets, attorney's fees, one way ticket to Tijuana. . .but the birth part is a steal. I've bought more expensive DVDs. I got the final quote today from my doctor's office. Apparently, the state draws up a fee contract. And wow- they are might generous.
Okay- so we had an OB appointment today. After some uncomfortable uterine maneuvering, we were able to hear to heart beat with the use of a Doppler. Doppler makes me think of News Channel 10's Weather Doppler. I kept half-expecting Dr. Buchanan to give me tomorrow's forecast: 100% chance of baby, and 60% chance of early morning fog.
We've got another 6 weeks to go before the next ultrasound. Jesse and I are now wavering on whether we want to know the baby's sex. Before this past weekend, we were totally set on finding out the sex. However, we have heard from so many people saying we should let it be a surprise. I guess peer pressure still works in your 20's and 30's. Whatever the stork brings will leave us feeling happy and blessed.

No comments: