Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Expanding Universe Explained

I just realized that the new Thomas is not all to blame for my previous post. I have undergone a serious psychological shift. Recently, I discovered that I can use a stove, spices are your friends, and lemon zest can make almost any dish smile. My brain was warmed up to the idea of cooking. This is still a new and slightly scary territory, and all my dishes tend to be a bit left field. But seriously, I am making food that Jesse willingly eats. For years I have been very anti-kitchen. I totally made beer mashed potatoes and olive pancakes in college, and thought they tasted good. Now, I am no foodie nor gourmand, but I do not my way around a mixing bowl. Baby steps. For example, dinner tonight started with an appetizer course of black bean spread, pico de gallo, and fresh guacamole. The main dish was chilled couscous salad. Even scarier, I touched raw chicken two days ago. Emphasis on touch. . .I was repulsed the whole time, but that delicious Stubbs marinade was making me do it. In months past, a brazen move like that would have put me in a padded room. I don't know what happened, but I think I like cooking. Maybe I like cooking because everything tastes good now.

3 comments:

Kit said...

What's for dinner? Am I invited?

Kit said...

Like the new lay-out. Let's hear it for distinctive noses!

Anna said...

The nose knows!