Saturday, July 21, 2007

Better late than. . .with the emphasis on late

As of last Tuesday, Jesse (my wonderful husband) and I have been given a new prospect in life. . .namely, the addition of a new life! We are going for our first official doctor's visit this week. So now we begin the rapid adjustment of lifestyles. I think caffeine withdrawal is pure torture; I hallucinated snakes crawling on my skin, my dogs speaking French, and my favorite coffee mug shedding tears every time I look at it- gathering cobwebs on my counter. This is an intense experience, like I am dreaming of snorting coffee grounds while listening to "Free Bird" on repeat. However, on the plus side, I can fall asleep before 2am on my own. I just worry what school will be like in the fall, having to face my homeroom class at 7:20 (no exaggeration) without a steaming cup of "wake me up" juice in my hand. I just need to remember to take this one day at a time, one cup of decaf at a time.

1 comment:

David said...

Anna,
I want to see a picture of you in the pregnant naked mudflap girl t-shirt. Is it just an addiction to cucumbers?, or do pickled okra also work for you?
All the best,
David