Sunday, October 23, 2011

Homeward Bound

Riding shotgun in some poopy traffic- it's been slow going on our return from DC. A blissful getaway, the kids were true travel champs. As I mentioned before, yesterday was one for the record books. Today was a close second.

More family time, beautiful weather, and time spent exploring parts of a truly great city... A perfect ending to a splendid weekend. The munchkins have been passed out for hours now (remember this drive is taking way too long), and I'm quietly praying this sleep won't affect our bedtime routines tonight- especially since I will be flying solo. Looks like Jesse will be capping the weekend off with a work-call. And I've been silly and reading all the while the critters have been snoozing. Will I ever learn?

Oh, hello interstate 64. So nice to see you again. Wake the kiddies now or coast in quiet??? Whatever we do, we will have some great lasting memories. Mom & Dad, thanks for making this trip possible.