Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Dear Sweet Neglected Blog

I really should write more. Yes, I say this, but I also believe it. However, will I commit to fulfill this need tonight? Probably not. It's late. I've got to get to bed. Blah. blah, blah.

Why do I need to write? Well, there's simply a lot brewing these days. Events, concerns, questions, and (frankly) venting that would best be served in this forum. Annnnnd more importantly, I need to do more bragging. Bragging and sharing more pics of my amazing kids.

Back to the grumpies I am facing. After all is said and done, I think I am struggling with issues rooted in fear. Fears related to the future- our family, our country, our world. Aren't we all? There's a lot to fret about, and I am a natural born fretter. Writing on this blog has always helped me cope during the hard times, the darkest of days, and all points in between. I used this blog to navigate Miles's diagnosis and his heart surgery, and I should revisit this form of "therapy" to relate the wild ride that is toddlerhood, persuing a master's degree with two small children, working full-time, and not having slept a full night in well-over a year. And like I mentioned earlier, as to not be the pessimist I could be, I have much to share and celebrate.

Without further ado, allow me to relay some warm fuzzies. Starting with the little man... We had an amazing visit at the Kennedy Krieger Institute. Loved Baltimore, love the center. Though we didn't really learn anything drastically new, we were able to rule out Autism for Miles. There had been an increasing of stemming-like behaviors this year. Following OT and medical evaluations, kiddo doesn't appear to be on the spectrum at this time. KKI has also made available behavioral support if we feel its warranted at a later time. Good to know. And we'd gladly make the trek north for their support as opposed to going back to CHKD, seriously.

Now onto the Poptart... Penelope, whom is mostly referred to as Poppy and/or Poptart these days, is a bustling and bubbly 7 month old ball of wonder and delight. Each day I fall more in love with her; her level of interaction and affection grow by the hour. Her personality is steadily emerging, and her interactions with Miles only encourage it to blossom. Tomorrow, she will be officially moving out of our room and into her own room, next door to Miles. Sigh. They will be neighbors now. And Liloo will have to work double-time to keep my lonely feet warm. As soon as she is moved in, I will post pictures.

Well, maybe I did write a bit more than planned. I feels good to be back, and here's hoping I return sooner than later. I do have a bit more time with summer classes done for now. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- find me on Facebook. Love ya!

2 comments:

Kids Seasonal Activities said...

That's nice of you, keep posting pictures!!!

MK's Mom said...

So glad you're back...I love your blog!