Monday, March 14, 2011

Updates All Around

Update on the x-rays- for the most part, Miles did a great job. If brush his teeth is an ordeal, then it goes without saying that keeping him stabilized for a series of neck shots was a feat and a half. Jesse scored yet another gold star for being able to assist the team. So he's gone from OB (helping deliver Penelope) to on-call radiologist. Pretty soon I might have to start coughing up a co-pay when he brings me my morning cup of joe. I wouldn't mind so much; he's awesome.

We will know the results of the "photo shoot" within a few days.

Back to Japan... just minutes ago I learned the news that a third blast was heard at Fukushima and that the evacuation range has now been widened to twelve miles (185,000 people in total). After hearing the news I could no longer put off my donation, so over to the Red Cross I clicked. In a matter of seconds I was able to make a contribution. Click on the organization's name above for a direct link to the donation page if you are considering helping out. I am also looking for an organization that specifically helps young children- diapers, blankets, lovies... if you know of one, please let me know.

Now a quick word on Penelope- she started acid reflux medication over the weekend. I think I mentioned that the cardiologist could see the reflux in action during ladybug's echo. Well, so far we are thinking this medication is helping. She's eating more, and that is critically important because her weight gain had sharply declined over the past three weeks. Now, within three days, she's up half a pound. I don't want to be overly optimistic, but I am desperate for her to get back on the chubby track. She needs to reach 16 pounds by her fourth month, and as of now, that seems very far off. Clearly she takes after Jesse in this department because all I have to do is simply say the word "donut" and I get a new stretch mark. If she were my girl, all of that boobie juice would have gone straight to her tiny thighs. I kid... only to make myself less stressed.

Good night all- I hear the little one stirring.

No comments: