Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Less Anxious than I Thought I'd be... (so far)

Miles and Penelope are headed in to see the cardiologist this morning. Jesse and I are big fans of this doc- she's super sharp and very professional. She caught one of Miles' more difficult to see defects- one that even UVA's team disputed until proven during the actual surgery.

Anyways, the doc visits our town once a month (saving us a painful drive to her office)- so we're hopping in today. Miles is having his third post-op follow-up. Penelope is having an initial screening. As of now, I am feeling cool as a cuke, but I am sure once their respective echo's pop up I will tense up. While we've not had any specific cardio concerns for little man- he's growing and has boundless energy- there is a little lingering fear from the summer of '08. Can you blame me? And no murmur has been detected during Penelope's check-ups- though there was never a murmur heard with Miles... granted, Penelope has not been diagnosed with Ds- but her ped. and I both think this is one area we can't "wait and see" in.

I will swing back by later today and post an appointment update. Please keep us in your thoughts today.

No comments: