Tuesday, March 8, 2011

And the beat goes on!

Quickly- all hearts look great!

YEAH!!!

Miles's patched VSD looks fully healed over- with great tissue growth on top. The stenosis, though still present, has reduced since his last visit, and the doc is convinced it will continue to reduce on its own. Fun fact, there was a repair done to an ASD flap, a tiny stitch or two done during the surgery, that I didn't know about. Apparently it's something they do commonly, as if you just happen to be in the neighborhood... well, that, too, is looking great.

Penelope's ticker and all related parts look fantastic. Doc did detect signs of reflux during the exam- something we need to keep an eye on. Can't say that I am surprised, but I thought this was something that was getting better. Another "hmmmm" moment popped up when the doc plotted Penelope on her growth chart. Yesterday, during her 2 month check-up, Penelope landed in the 40th percentile for weight and height. Today, she measured in the 25th. Hmmm... heart doc said she might wind up in the 5' 2'' to 5' 3'' range. Note- I am ingesting a huge grain of salt right now (and just because I am eating leftover fried rice as I type). I'm forcing myself not to stress over these measurements because there was such a huge variance from one day to the next. Ugh! Measurements are always random with our kids because no one uses the same devices- so this will help ease that worried wrinkle on my forehead, just a tad.

But anyhoo, big news, the hearts are great.

No comments: