Monday, February 28, 2011

Best First Ever Milestone!


Last night Miles strung together the most beautiful three word sentence I've ever heard. Three words in itself is a milestone. Up until now we've consistently gotten two word requests and descriptors from Miles, but never an actual sentence- something with a clear subject and predicate. Now brace yourself because his first sentence will knock your socks off...

I love you.

My heart is still in a pudding state. We got numerous repeats this morning, and Daddy and Grandpa got their I love you's after breakfast- and I am sure he's ready to share it some more. But now matter how many times I hear it over the years, nothing will compare to the sweetness, the excitement, and absolute bliss I felt last night. I was floored, not expecting him to say it back- but he did, and it sounded perfect! Hearing that from your child is such a special occasion. Waiting nearly three years to experience it makes the event all the more special. I am counting this as an early birthday and Mother's Day present rolled into one! Miles, I love you, too!