Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Interesting New Side-Effect

Yep, I am in love with cooking. And this is a very new development for me. In years past, the height of my culinary skills included salads and some more salads. Just this week alone I have tackled two types of muffins, a chicken and root vegetable slow cook, and a breakfast strata. I even purchased a Southern Living yesterday (my grandmothers would be so proud) yesterday- strictly for the recipes.

So readers, I need good cookbook suggestions. Currently my cookbook shelf contains "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest" and "Soup Love" (couldn't make this stuff up). I want names of the classics. I'd say my skill ranges from toddler wielding a Play-do knife to high school student in AP Home EC.

Please advise : )

BTW, the one semester I had of Home EC (back in my middle school days) I snagged a C-. This tells you two things: (1) I've come a long was from soggy muffins littered with eggshell, and (2) what a nerd I am because I remember my lower graders, even back to 7th grade.

1 comment:

MK's Mom said...

I love Virginia Hospitality and your church has a great one -Feeding Hungry Hearts. Also ask your mother if she has the old Weston Manor cookbook - I love it! and you have to have White Trash Cooking...ask MK. And The Best of the Best of Virginia.