Sunday, July 25, 2010

How did we celebrate Miles' 2nd Heart Birthday?

By running around topless and screaming... just the boy of course. It's too hot for me to be running and screaming. : )



I get this clip sent to my phone. While I'm whacking away on a case study, Miles and his beloved Dada are putting that patched pumper to good use. To think that two years ago today, his heart and lungs weren't even operating on their own simply blows my mind. Two years feels like an eternity ago, and the Anna then is not the Anna now. During that pre-op/ op/ post-op phase, I was in pure survival mode, focused on keeping my precious boy alive. Now, I sit in wonder, amazed that he is now, perhaps, overactive and a bit crazy. Maybe I only feel this way because I should be working on this report, but darn it, I need to pause and celebrate the miracle that is Miles. And I need to re-thank all of you for your amazing support and love. Posting during his surgical times was critical for my well-being; I had to share the fear and pain, and this blog proved to be the vehicle I needed. Thank you for reading my words, sharing in the process, and joining us in this profound journey of healing and growth. Team Milestones, I love you all.

And a special shout out to the 2.0: Little person, you are going to have the most amazing big brother imaginable. Not doubt. Miles is already in love with you; he tells me so all of the time. Just last night he fed my belly (meaning you) meatballs and mac 'n' cheese. Luckily, the baby bump now sticks out far enough to make cleaning food residue a breeze. He's tried to find you in my belly button on several occasions, and know that he gives you kisses all regularly. You, my mysterious sproutlet, are also included in the celebration! Perhaps you'll score another meatball tonight. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Kit said...

Happy Heart Day!