Sunday, March 21, 2010

3-21

Today is World Down Syndrome Day. Given the date, it's a perfect fit. How did we celebrate? By opening an envelope to find a signed photo from Chris Burke, inviting us back to NYC next year for the Buddy Walk. And you know what, this afternoon a return trip sounded like a fantastic idea.

Our cause-celebre is upstairs, passed out, zonked after a long day of playing and teething- but thankfully more so playing. Within the past 24 hours, kiddo started (vocally) saying "more" and "flower." We've got a real, big-boy bed waiting in the wings, and we are headed to an open house this Friday for his potential pre-school in the fall. That's right, we might be packing Miles off on the big yellow bus a couple days a week, introducing him to milk cartons and backpacks. We are only in the pre-planning stages; the first transition meeting has been held. Now we are dipping our toes into the bigger pool to see if we like the water...

I'll update as best as I can, but my time is going to be zapped with a beaucoup of school work and on-line classes. Yippee! I'll be spending spring at my computer; at least its a laptop, and I can lounge in the hammock. That's as long as I don't flip out.

No comments: