Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Precious moment

Last night Miles signed to Jesse and me "please" and "sleep." This is monumental for several reasons:
1. he typically fights his bed time like a demon jacked up on No Doze
2. signs are usually linked to eating activities
3. he promptly went to sleep

I am so very proud of him. Even though he was fast asleep at the time, I told him that I was proud. What excellent communication. Signing is rapidly becoming status quo in our house, and we love it! Seeing him calmly express his needs was my precious moment.

2 comments:

Mk's mom said...

That is wonderful...he'll be signing a book before long! You have so many reasons to be so-o-o-o proud!

ab said...

How cool is this! And I can almost see you telling him how proud you are, with a tear just ready to make itself known, as you look at his beautiful sleeping face. Motherhood is awesome!