Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A sliver of free time...

There's five minutes left in my evening until I head to bed and zone out watching "The Real Housewives of NYC**," so I thought I'd check in.  Life is being held hostage by this online class and work.  Glued to this laptop I have been but not doing fun activities like uploading more Miles pictures.

I've been more homesick these days.  In fact, I was sitting through a difficult meeting and had to leave because I started to cry.  I missed Miles that much- my heart was aching.  He's only a 20 minute drive away, but it feel like the longest drive in automotive history.  Luckily, I pulled myself together and blamed the watery eyes on allergies; 'tis the season to be red-eyed.  

Many reflections on the nature of love lately.  I keep talking with Jesse about how much my heart has grown since becoming a parent.  I fall in love with Miles all over again, every single day, and each time is a bit deeper than the day before.

I want to read everything that William Carlos Williams wrote.  I can't believe that I haven't devoured his work earlier- where have my eyeballs been??? A random note, I know, but his work is like lemon twist to the brain.  I'm hooked, but I have to finish Tori Spelling's autobiography first.  Honest.  And it's pretty good, good like wearing paisley flip flops to formal event.

**Well, I'm off to see Jill, Bethenney, Alex, Simon (he counts), and the really hyper one whose name eludes me at the moment, oh Ramona, that's it- but not the new lady Kelley; she's mean and a little off-center and not in a fun, reality TV way.  She looks like she'd cut you if you spill your drink onto her handbag.  I think Jesse secretly watches when I do.  Maybe he'll let me sign up for "The Real Housewives of Colonial Reenactment Towns."  But we both agree that it is not as good as Project Runway, duh.  Ciao!   
  

No comments: