Thursday, March 26, 2009

TLC makes all the difference

Thanks for all of the well wishes.  We made it through with the help of some grandparent power.  Monday afternoon, as each of us wallowed in private misery, Jesse's mom, our Grandma J, swooped in with some TLC.  She accompanied Miles and me to the ER, and she held him the entire time he had his IV.  What would I have done without her?  My arm was hooked up too, and I couldn't give him the hugs and love he needed.  

The following day Grandpa G joined the recovery team and quickly jumped in with baby duties while I took Jesse to the doctor.  Having their help and their support makes us feel so loved and blessed.  Volunteering to enter a house ravaged by a GI bug takes bravery; even our dogs were steering clear of us, at this point.  Bravery or love, or both- regardless, I will be forever grateful.  

Miles is still sick-ish.  A cough has developed, along with lots of snot.  His blood work from Monday looks like he's battling an infection.  Oddly enough- no fever yet.  His energy level has remained low, but he's eating more.   Progress is slow and steady.

1 comment:

Kit said...

Jewel and George are blessings in all our lives!