Sunday, March 1, 2009

My 5 Senses

Hearing: The sound of raindrops, many chilly drops landing on the windows
Seeing: Conflicting TV reports of a "mega winter storm" that is supposed to strike any minute
Touching: These keys as I try to stay off of Weather Underground and weather.com
Feeling: Certain that I will not get a snow day- in my four years in teaching, nary a snow day
Smelling: Defeat.  Wait, I mean de feet.  For a baby, Miles' feet can get a little funky.

Seriously, this kid's feet can get a little on the ripe side.  How?  I haven't a clue, but it's genetic.  Your lucky there's not a scratch 'n' sniff app that I could use to upload a sample of just one stinky piggy. 

And even more seriously, I wish the local networks would stop these bogus weather reports.  My heart can't take the letdowns anymore.  The seeming simple fantasy of sleeping in on a snowy morn is too painful to have slip away again.  I've been through this same set-up at least 5 times this year.  There should be a state law that prohibits providing false snow reports to teachers.  Believe me kids, we want a snow day more than you!

No comments: