Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's been raining all day : (

Transitioning. Is. Hard.

Rarely will Miles now allow me to feed him, and that's goes for anyone who is not named Miles.  He's been snubbing jar foods for a few weeks.  Desperately, we are trying to encourage a new array of more independent foods.  But meeting his dietary needs is becoming a nightmare.  How do you get iron and protein into a kid who only digs Cheerios?  A kid who shouldn't even be eating Cheerios in the first place??? 

Friday, his doc told us Miles should be off the bottle and solely drinking from a sippy cup.  We've been trying for months to get Miles to use a cup.  I think OT will have to step in to provide some assistance.  He's great at using the cup to smash his snack and to keep beat with music.  Occasionally, Miles will swallow when I hold the cup up for him- and that's the most progress we've made.  So riddle me this Batman, how are we supposed to solely use a sippy cup?  Let the kid get dehydrated?  Ugh!  We will  just have to do this at our own pace.  

It's probably due to the Radiohead show that I'm listening to, but I seem to only be fixating on the snags- probably why I can't listen to this band more regularly... allow me one more rant, and I'll perk up and post something cheerier in the near future. Anyways, I still can't flip through the "What to Expect During the 1st Year" book without miffed.  Last night I had to look up something about teething, and that darn book kept prattling on about some kids start getting teeth at two months while some are late bloomers like nine months.  We are now over a year, and those blasted gum bumps will not relent.  Adding more bran to the tummy ache, the doc said she felt another bump on the bottom gum.  Great, now we've got three sites of misery to contend with.  A triumvirate of dental terror.  That book irks me though- so not written for the families who are living on a different path, the tykes who don't see teeth until 18 months.

Did I mention it's been raining all day long?  Blah.  I think I need a group hug.  At least my arm is looking much better- less like an ink spill and more like a roughed up banana; I can live with that.   

No comments: