Thursday, March 12, 2009

"He's like the David Byrne of cucumbers."

Miles' parents are pretty big Talking Heads fans.  The observation above was utter by an impressed dad, a dad who thinks his kid has mastered the now famous "Once in a Lifetime" arm chopping dance.  Plus, kiddo has great taste in music and snack food.

As for the cukes, they make excellent teething soothers.  I'll slice up it and let it chill for a few hours.  We need plenty of back-up slices because the dogs have developed a taste for them, and Miles is more than willing to share his snack.  Reciprocity at its finest- dogs get refreshing treats, and Miles earns unlimited toe licks.  In our struggling market economy, maybe we should take a page from this simple, kitchen-fronted barter and trade operation.  Just kidding.  Sorta.

The teething continues; man, it rages on.  He's fallen off the nice guy wagon, and he's on a total chewing bender.  Anything and everything has been mouths in this house.  Even the aforementioned dogs' tails; I was a slow in intercepting that event.  Maybe that means Miles won't freak out (like I do) about find hair in his food.  For me, it's a total deal breaker.  As for a baby who actively seeks out a mouth of fur, he might be a little more willing not to send the plate back to the kitchen.

On a completely random note, I fell down my stairs (again).  As I was headed out for work, my body opted to take the fast track down 2/3 of the flight.  The entire fall was broken by my left forearm, which is now a robin's egg blue shade.  Fearing being late for work, I opted to get ice once I got there.  Dumb idea because I was light-headed and nauseous for the entire 15 minute drive.  How am I doing now?  I'm aching like a demon, and the bruise is still looking like a blue and purple tie-dyed t-shirt.  If it's blue on Monday, I'll get a medical opinion.  

No comments: