Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy First Thanksgiving, part two






The top two pictures are from the drive to Irvington, where my aunt and uncle live.  Irvington is on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, and it is a beautiful little town.  The first picture is a window display of a knitting* store.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but there is a knitted dress behind the glass.  The colors are amazing, though a little unflatteringly placed.  The second picture is from The White Fences Vineyard (I think), and their entrance gate has two massive cork screws by either side.  Look at the dwarfed farm house in the distance for a scale reference.  (Doesn't it remind you of Pink Floyd's "The Wall"?)  

Those table/ turkey shots barely do the meal justice.  The food was absolutely divine!  Blogger needs to add a scratch and sniff feature.**

The bottom photo of Miles was snapped at the end of dinner.  He was more stuffed than the turkey had been.  That three mile stare says it all.  My granddad is famous for packing away the Thanksgiving food.  He would eat numerous plates, get sweaty, and then moan, "ohhhhhhh- I'm gonna die."  I think Miles did him proud yesterday.  

*I have recently started knitting again- think it might be hormonal.  Typically, I abhor repetitive activities.  In the past 3 years, I have managed to complete only one scarf.  In two weeks, I also completed the same feat.  A much more calming to do than I remember... 

**If they do, I promise never to post any Diaper Genie shots.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Thanksgiving your Little Man had! You had so much to be thankful for this year! How on earth could you list all of the blessings that came with Miles! Impossible to do. Thank you, GOD!

Blond, did I hear you say (write) blond? Can't wait to see that. I, too, am thankful for the extra time off this year for Thanksgiving. Enjoy every minute!

Much love and blessings to you all...ab

Kit said...

Ah, the Zen of knitting!

Anonymous said...

Irvington is on the Northern Neck. The phrase Western Shore never really caught on. The Eastern Shore is across the Chesapeake Bay and has frontage on the Atlantic Ocean.

Anna said...

Ohhhh- so that's why Northern Neck Ginger Ale is called Northern Neck Ginger Ale. Thank goodness this isn't a blog about geography. I'll the "map stuff" up to Miles' dad. Some internal outsourcing.

Brett said...

I recommend crochet. much less tedious. quicker results. you can crank out a hat in half an hour with big enough sticks.