Saturday, January 5, 2008

I am such a wuss.






The waterworks have arrived. I get teary at every little thing. I had a nervous breakdown while watching the ending of "E.T." Granted, that alien has always tugged my heart stings in a serious way. But one night while flipping through the channels, Jesse landed on the last 15 minutes of the movie. We joined E.T., Elliot, and the boys as the fled the police on their bikes. The moment the chase scene took flight, my eyes moistened. I begged Jesse to change the channel because I knew, if he didn't, I would need my inhaler and a pint of Ben & Jerry's. The keen observer he always is, Jesse decided to leave the channel put and watch the real show on the other side of the bed- aka me having a big moment. By the time E.T. reaches out with his glowing finger and tells Elliot to, "Be Good," I couldn't hold back any longer. Snot and tears were flying everywhere. Jesse was laughing uncontrollably. I was balling and laughing at myself at the same time. I couldn't get mad at him because I was acting so ridiculously. Thanks to my hormone level, what was originally a touching film had become as potent as "Terms of Endearment." Before writing this post, I was reading a birthing manual. Reading and dreaming about labor, the birth of our little man, and how awesome this is going to be- made me cry again. Thank goodness I don't watch Lifetime television!

No comments: