Saturday, December 22, 2007

3-2-1 Contact!

Jesse met Miles this week. They gave each other high 5's through my belly. For weeks this kid has been a whirling dervish in tummy, but Jesse would always miss the show. Every time I called him over, the baby would swim in the opposite directions- playing tag with Daddy. I was starting to feel that Jesse didn't believe me. However, on a whim earlier this week, I was talking to Jesse- he was sitting, and he reached up and placed his hand on the baby bump. Amazingly, as soon as he did, Miles swam by. I have never seen a happier face than I did on Jesse. His grin would have put the Cheshire Cat to shame. He glowed like a compact fluorescent light bulb. I think he felt proud. I am so glad that he had this belly bonding experience; I know he's waited months for this to happen. What Jesse positively react to our son's presence is a huge vote of confidence. I know he love this child so much- already!

No comments: