Friday, October 19, 2007

more hives than a honeybee

My skin's sensitivity has gone of the charts. Thanks to an influx of zany skin-altering hormones, my skin says "no way Jose" to just about any product. Today, my face broke out in welts- welts red and raised enough to prompt my students in asking me if I was getting beaten at home. Hello? Time to seek the help of Benadryl. I called my OB doctor's office from work and got the approval to take Benadryl in pill form. I have been using the clear lotion format but to no avail. In fact, all of my skin felt itchy and hot. I was squirming around and scratching like a bear rubbing up against a big tree. In fact, just typing this post is making me feel tingling. I think even the Clinique products I have been using will have to be shelved for a few months. Looks like it's warm water from here on out.

No comments: