Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Rajah is spared the knife!

It's a miracle. Rajah was scheduled for surgery today. However, the vet said the troublesome spot on his hip has fully healed. All that remains is a tiny scab. It would have been a minor procedure, with local anesthesia and a sedative. It would also have set us back about $400. Amazingly, Rajah has been spared! This dog out dates Jesse; he's my old college roommate. I love him like a best friend, who occasionally pees on my floor. We've all had friends like that:). As I typed that last night, Raj just cruised in, licked my elbow, and took off the patrol the kitchen and hassle his little sister, Liloo. Though $400 is a large sum, I would have gladly paid it to ensure his health. This dog is a soul mate! I doubt he even realizes he is a dog. He's quite excited about becoming a fur uncle. He is fascinated with my growing belly, or maybe it's the perpetual layer of crumbs that rests on it that has his full attention. Can you blame him?

No comments: