Tuesday, September 11, 2007

OD'd on PA


(The culprit, citric acid)
Not Pennsylvania. . .but pineapple. I ate so much pineapple yesterday I thought I'd meet my fruity maker this morning. I OD'd on pineapple. I bought quartz of fresh cut pineapple from Ukrop's- an expensive splurge- thinking that it would last me all week at school. But noooo (think Bill Murray saying that), I ate the entire container in 20 minutes before my night class. With each bite, my brain sent an alarm warning against the extreme influx of acid. My tongue kept yelling, "nature's candy! nature's candy!" The tongue won. I paid the price all last night and several times this morning. And have I learned my lesson? Nope, I'm swigging some golden grapefruit juice as I type. I have always loved sour fruits, but this is getting out of hand. I literally add lemon and/or lime juice to every beverage, except my current juice glass. Is this a normal craving? Are there normal cravings?