Tuesday, September 4, 2007

In the zone

Work has sucked my soul in using its giant tractor beam. No loose ends can I leave behind. All i's must be dotted. All t's must be crossed. I am not walking out of the school house before 5 o'clock every day! The scary part is that I arrive before 7 am. What effect will the workload have on the new Thomas? I haven't been able to workout in over a week. The nature of my job keeps me running rabid. I know my stress levels are too high. Honestly, I wish there was an easier way to start a school year. Sadly, I have so many reports to check and make and file and copy and deliver and redeliver and mail and pack in book bags and on and on and on. . .my poor baby will develop an allergy to Microsoft Word before I reach the 3rd trimester. I am second-guessing my career choice due to all the unnecessary stress. Granted, I am a type-A Weigel all the way. Perhaps I need to flee in the opposite direction of my current situation. I see it now, a career selling maps of celebrities' homes. I, sir, need to be a fish monger. Or, more plausibly, take a chill pill. An organic, free-range, FDA and OB-GYN approved chill pill.

2 comments:

Kit said...

Yoga! Yoga! Yoga!

Anna said...

There is a Saturday class I want to register for at Sacred Grounds. I really miss my yoga workouts.